Friday 16 June 2017

West Coast Hiking on the Isle of Man

Morning mists soon cleared to give a nice day on the west coastal path of the Isle of Man. To be honest, it was a pretty chilled day for me, dropping in on various check points and checking that the team were surviving!

 

At a tiny, beautiful and secluded beach near Fleshwick, I couldn't resist a dip in the sea.

 

The guys chose to camp on the beach as it was so idyllic. I left them to it and hiked up onto the deserted cliff tops to camp in solitude.

 

There was a perfectly flat tent sized patch on the very edge of the cliff. I had to put my pack inside the tent as ballast, while I was putting it up, for fear that the whole thing would blow over the cliff edge. But once it was securely pegged down, it felt like camp perfection.

 

It didn't really get fully dark. As the sun went over the horizon though, the skyline showed the Mourne Mountains of Ireland in one direction and Scotland in the other. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment