Thursday 22 June 2017

Expedition Training

I finished the first aid course on Tuesday evening with another dip in the lake as the temperatures were still sky high. After having had a few gruesome scenarios to deal with, I met with some friends for an ice cream on the way home. Unbelievable heat. 



I managed another night at The Cottage before  heading back to tent living. This time with two Gold Award training expeditions. It was apparently the hottest June day in 40 years! Too hot to get in my sleeping bag when I went to bed, above Conwy Mountain. But in the morning, I was shrouded in mist and rain was pelting the tent. The temperature had dropped by half and a sting wind was blowing!

 

Today has been pretty frantic as I've tried to squeeze in teaching some expedition skills, meeting the teams at different check points between meeting other staff for planning! I think I need to work on my cooking lessons, judging by this mornings results from the guys...

 

After a cold, wet and windy day, we got some evening salvation! Everyone has dried out a bit, but we've still camped lower than intended to increase our safety margins, due to more bad weather on the way.

 

This sheep just walked past and made me chuckle though... Punk Sheep? Or the one that got away!

 

All is calm and I'm happily reclined in my therm-a-rest chair, with feet in sleeping bag, wondering what tomorrow will bring. Ideally, a hot shower at some point!..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment