Saturday 17 June 2017

Isle of Man Bouldering

A very bright dawn woke me at 5:47, but by the time I surfaced from the tent, a cold sea mist had rolled in! You can just spot my yellow tent in this picture.

 

I spent a lovely morning down at the southern most tip of the Island, watch seals on the Calf of Man.

 

Once the guys had passed by, I went down to the bouldering area at The Chasms. Just by chance, Kerry and Steve arrived at exactly the same time, so they were able to point out all the best problems.

 

The views were spectacular and the climbing pretty great for those with an adventurous outlook. 

 

We did some laps on the bouldering traverse wall which is really excellent. It was shirts off in the baking heat for a while. After an hour or so, it was way too hot and I was way too pumped!

 

Went straight round to Gansey beach and had a swim to cool off!

 

When I checked on the lads in the evening, they were camped by a lake and a fisherman had donated them a fish. Unable to cook it on the gas stove, they passed it onto me. Kerry and Steve had suggested meeting back at Port Erin beach for a BBQ, so I didn't have to turn up empty handed!

 

There was a cracking sunset over Bradda Head. 

 

And find foods to go with it...



After a filling trout dinner, I hiked up to Bradda Head and found a quiet little area to camp the night. 



Once again, it barely got dark. I took this photo at midnight, from bed...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment