Tuesday 13 June 2017

Ladders



Sourced myself (at long last) a huge ladder to do a bit of high level Cottage maintenance and since then it's been raining! Typical. In between the showers I managed to get things sanded down and prepared ready for painting, so when the weather window finally appeared, I was ready and waiting.
Having spent all of my working life ascending and descending cliffs and mountains, I'd say I've got an 'OK' head for heights. However, up at the apex of The Cottage roof, on a gently flexing triple-extension ladder amidst some pretty breezy conditions, I was certainly moving rather gingerly! (Good call Dad, advising getting a paint kettle to hang the paint in!). 
Fitting this in, in between expeditions and a visit from Clare's mum made it a busy, yet social time at The Cottage. Managed to get it finished just in time to keep up with this months travel plans. I was on the road to Liverpool before the paint had even dried...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment