Wednesday 7 June 2017

Rain!

It's the first real rain we've had here for over a month and it's like it's making up for lost time! Grim, heavy rain! Luckily for me, I've had plenty of indoor work to be getting on with!



Over 24 hours of solid downpouring has put 65mm of rain into our rain gauge, which I'm pretty sure is a record here.

 

Naturally, as soon as the rain had stopped I went to check out the river! I didn't have time to take a kayak, but to be honest, that was probably a good thing - it was raging!

 

After taking the van to the garage, I made my way home to The Cottage without needing to use a road at all! The final section of the cycle track has been completed through this long tunnel. I took a torch, but now there is lighting the whole way through it.

 

The Ogwen was just bursting its banks as I crossed the footbridge back home.

 

Even though my main task of the day was trying to do some painting outside, I was forced to stay in. With the place feeling toasty, I got down to some serious expedition planning for the summer instead...

 

The rains eventually ended on Tuesday afternoon, (just as Clare returned from the Isle of Wight), in time for a refreshing walk down the track.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment