Sunday 17 January 2021

Sunday Cycling

It's been a 'low light' kind of day today. Not good for photographs, but light winds and dry skies meant that a bike ride was on the cards. The coming week looks set to be a particularly wet one, so I was keen to get out and see a different view while we could. Linking up various cycle tracks and back roads, we arrived down in Caernafon, where the tide was full and the sun was doing it's best to put in an appearance.




After a bit of a breather, I set off again, leaving the coast behind and heading back up towards the mountains. I'd not been on this section of track before, so it was good to feel on unfamiliar terrain. I even got some distant views of the peaks on the Lleyn Peninsular.


As I was making my way back to The Cottage, my speed had slowed considerably. Slow enough to spot this Kestel. A beautiful bird, but I guess it was injured in some way as it didn't fly off.


I got back home some 44km later feeling suitably worn out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment