Sunday 7 July 2019

Milestone Buttress, Tryfan

After a fun-filled couple of long days, I spent a quiet evening by myself enjoying the peace of the Ogwen Valley. In the last 48hours, I felt like I'd been on the go non-stop - among other things, I've  organised the end of term and summer arrangements, swam across the lake at Llanberis, planned some summer adventures, been to a party, given a speech about Outdoor Education and attended a wedding. No big deal...
I spent most Sunday at The Cottage, pottering around in the garden and sorting kit for the summer. Before the last of the sun left the valley though, I ventured up the road and delighted in climbing a couple of routes. The rock was still warm from a day of being baked in the sun and at this time of day, everyone had left, so I had the mountain to myself. Perfect.




I climbed a few routes, slowly and steadily, savouring the movement and situation. On the way home, as the weather was still warm and muggy, on a whim, I stopped off at our favourite swimming spot. The shadows had just reached it, so usually it would have been too cold without the direct sunlight, but seeing how warm I was, I ran across the fields and dived straight in without hesitation into the mirror calm waters. Magic.


Milestone Buttress, Tryfan:
- Rowan Route, V.Diff
- Pulpit Route, Diff.

No comments:

Post a Comment