Tuesday 2 July 2019

Llyn Gerionydd

I've been helping to organise a student 'Ironman and Ironwoman event at Llyn Gerionydd. It's a really fun day to be involved with, with three buses of excited/nervous competitors and plenty of cheering supporters. After leading a warm-up session, I was on stopwatch duty at the beginning of the mass start where everyone charged off down the road on their way to completing a lap of the lake. 


Next up is an uphill bike sprint and then finally, I was safety cover for the open water swim across the lake.


Once everyone was safely back at base and after packing away all the gear, I did a quick sprint around Tesco to get fresh supplies prepared for tomorrows three peaks challenge event. I set my watch alarm for 03:25am before bedding down in my sleeping bag on the tabletop in the Cabin ready for what is hopefully my last early start for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment