Sunday 15 October 2017

Sunrise Solitude

After a very windy night, I was glad to wake up to still calm conditions. I had to get up in the night to put in some extra tent pegs, for fear of damage to the tent. And for a while, I kept getting woken up by gusts of wind that would flatten the flysheet down onto my face!



All was peaceful and calm when I woke. After enjoying the glow of the morning sunrise, I had a very casual start, with breakfast in bed, while soaking up the view. Thanks to the binoculars, I could see my group were getting ready slowly and subsequently only just ready to set off when I arrived at their camp spot.



It's a wonderful time of day, being up earlier than the rest of the world. I enjoyed the Sunday stroll down to the camp and the warmth of the sunlight.





Due to the Met Office issuing some storm warnings, we had to adapt the route slightly in the afternoon. We decided that the group should play things on the safe side and go down to a valley campsite, rather than spend a second night wild camping on the mountainside. I got a bit of a poem going while waiting for them to arrive.. I should be finished tomorrow?!..

No comments:

Post a Comment