Thursday 26 October 2017

Gin & Geometry at Fort Martin

After a busy social day (and evening!) in North Wales, I made an alpine start on Wednesday in order to spend a few days down at Fort Martin.



After a mega sunrise on the M6, I had a quality morning with one of my oldest friends, sipping coffee in the sunshine near Kettering and catching up on each others news.
Made it to the Fort in time for lunch, then spent the afternoon helping out with a few jobs - including puzzling out what to do with the infamous ‘Taunton Teak’...



Got some lessons in building geometry, roof trusses and floor joists from the boss in his study as part of The Cottage Studio plans, pre-dinner.



As a belated birthday present for Mo, we all had a Gin and Tonic after dinner. But not with just any old gin - this was posh gin, distilled just up the road from The Cottage in the village of Dinorwig. Not really being much of a big time drinker, I think that this was possibly only my second ever G&T, so I can’t really vouch for whether it’s any good or not, but we had fun sampling!



No comments:

Post a Comment