Monday 2 October 2017

Climbing on Milestone Buttress, Tryfan

It’s been a windy start to what’s scheduled to be a busy the week here. In the Ogwen valley there was the definite threat of rain, but I was keen to get out on the rock regardless. Odd spots of rain were getting blown in on the wind as I nipped up to the base of Milestone Buttress on the west side of Tryfan, but the rock was drying off almost as soon as they landed. I decided to climb ‘Pulpit Route’ (V.Diff) at the far right hand side of the crags as I felt like I’d not been there in a while and it seemed most sheltered. It was ‘atmospheric’ and I hoped I’d stay dry.



I had to hang on tight at times as some strong gusts blew down the valley and straight into the face. It was also a little wet near the top, which required steady and careful movements as I made my way to the top of the cliffs and over to the exit gully.



I sat and grinned at the top, but there was no time for hanging around... A few hours later, I arrived in London!

Milestone Buttress, Tryfan:
Pulpit Route, V.Diff**

No comments:

Post a Comment