Saturday 24 June 2023

On and in the Water

A very 'watery' day today! Although I didn't get in the sea, it was looking particularly nice as we drove along the cast road to the lake. 


In a slight change to my usual activities, I was assisting at a sailing event. While I've not much to offer in the way of sail race tactics, I was drafted in last minute to help drive the powerboat, but was mostly tasked with helping the launching and landing of the boats. I was given the glamerous radio call sign of 'Beach Master'  - which seemed better than the first suggestion of 'Trolly Dolly'! 


The wind came and went in gusts which made for quite tricky sail conditions, but the weather stayed nice and warm.


Back at The Cottage, the evening skies began to indicate a change in the weather.


As it was still 24 degrees, we went up the valley for a swim in the river.


The ripples and refection's on the water were lovely and the wind, warm like a hairdrier.


I took my snorkel and mask again and we both swam up against the flow for further than we ever have, amazed that we were not getting too cold.


The sun even blasted though before dipping below the mountain.



As it was now gone 8pm, we decided we ought to head home for some dinner!


While eating outside in the garden, the skies continued to change...


No comments:

Post a Comment