Friday 2 June 2023

Business and Pleasure

"Glass of Prosecco with you breakfast Sir"? Well, I don't mind if I do! Although Clare had to stay focused for her days work, I was able to fully indulge in all the perks of the fine establishment, including multiple visits to the well stocked pastry bar! 


Having got things off to an agreeable start, we were actually able to have quite a leisurely morning before I left Clare who was off to meet the CEO's in the boardroom.



I was then free to wander the streets of Utrecht, where I spent a very pleasant few hours admiring the buildings, canals and watching the never-ending stream of bikes pass by. 


Clare was right when she invited me along, having been here last month - it's a very cool city! Busy, but not crowded and with amazing architecture at every turn - both modern and old.


And more cafes and bars than you could ever visit, even if you lived here all the time!


I purposefully, put away google maps in my pocket and let my instincts and feet guide me. I went through modern malls, narrow alleyways and up and down canals. Superb.




We re-grouped later on for an after work drink in a suitably trendy establishment.


Then, as we walked together back towards the hotel, we decided to stop again for pre-dinner drinks at another effortlessly cool bar.


That served up some delicious food as well.


The following morning, I declined the prosecco and opted for a swim instead, in the spa area of the hotel. I'd still managed to have an enormous breakfast, so thought I ought to try a little bit of exercise! Naturally, I made us of the sauna and stream room while I was there, before making productive use of an hour or so on my laptop in the hotel lobby.


When check-out came, we were whisked away once again by taxi, to an AirBnB on the other side of town that we'd booked for the weekend now that this section of work was completed.


Both with some time off together, we checked out our new neighbourhood, which is naturally all very cool and artistic! I love this mural at the end of our road.


And the horse outside the supermarket...


Our new accommodation has a private outside space and the owners very kindly left us something to drink!


And has a fine coffee machine too. Thanks very much Goldcrest Training for having me along on this work trip. A fine mix of business and pleasure! It make a change from last week's 30 bed dormitory and dry cheese sandwiches! Ah! The variety of life!.....




No comments:

Post a Comment