Monday 5 June 2023

Cneifion Arête

I may not have mentioned this, but I've been completely deaf for about the last three days! My good ear seems to have an infection, which mercifully was remedied today by a few visits to the doctor! This all took rather a lot of time from the day, and by the time I'd actually done the work I had planned to do at The Cottage, it was starting to get late. The skies had been blue all day and I was keen to make use of the weather and bone dry mountain conditions.


Despite the dry ground, there are plenty of flowers about.


As the sun dipped towards the horizon, I went up into Cwm Idwal to soak up the atmosphere. It only took 30mins to walk to the base of one of my favourite scrambles, which was still bathed in light.


I climbed steadily up in the evening sun, with just my shadow for company...


The summit views were magnificent.



Tryfan was 'glowing' red in the sun set.


And towards home, the colours were beautiful.




I could have stayed up there for ages, but kept moving, watching the light as it changed.




I even came across some goats on the way down, who were also giving the scene some appreciation as well.




Life-affirming stuff and a magical end to the day!


And after a few hours going solo, it was lovely to bump into some friends in the car park, who'd just returned from a similar jaunt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment