Wednesday 16 June 2021

Swimming in the Sea

After a murky damp day on the North Wales coastal path, I arrived home to find Clare packed and ready for a beach trip. I was promised good swimming conditions, so jumped in the van with her and soon enough we were getting changed. The light was low and the water eerily calm and still. 



The rain had stopped on the drive over to the Island and the entire coast seemed to be deserted.


It took me a few minutes to catch up with Clare, who had waded out to thigh depth and then dived right in but once in the water, it was actually okay. Once the initial shock passed, I was able to do several laps of the bay and was in the water for about fifteen minutes. Surely a record for me!?


More coastal hiking helped to warm us up and stop the shivering, as did a cup of tea and bowl of chips in the cafe by the sand dunes! Quite surprised/impressed with myself this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment