Monday 14 June 2021

Sea and Slates

A brief period of damp blew through North Wales in the morning leaving enough time for a bit of computer work and potential trip planning, before warmer, drier air returned, drying the slates at the back of The Cottage before our eyes. The beach was our first port of call, to catch the high tide, where I had my first swim in the sea (without wetsuit!). I didn't stride in quite as confidently as Clare, but once in, we did a few laps of the bay before decided that we ought not get too cold! 


We were able to warm up in the sun and stayed on the beach for a walk, some lunch and even a little lie down, before returning back to the mainland for a quick climb.


I've climbed this route plenty of times, but this was the first in a while and I certainly had to concentrate as I inched my way out across the slab, with only the minimalist of protection.


It was great to be challenged. 


The planned evening social had to be postponed due to to a potential covid test (which turned out to be a false alarm, but we all decided to air on the side of caution!). Pizza out in the last of the sun at The Cottage garden was still an excellent back up plan!

Llanberis Slate Climb - Australia Area:
- Looning the Tube, E1, 5b**

No comments:

Post a Comment