Tuesday 20 April 2021

T-Shirts at Tremadog

The cold breeze changed our plans from climbing on the exposed cliffs of Anglesey, to the sheltered sun trap of Tremadog, near Portmadog. 


It turned out to be an excellent choice and I climbed in a t-shirt all day. It was relatively overcast, but fifteen degrees and still was much better that the coasts eight degrees and windy! I was so hot at the top of the Micah Finish, that I had to take of my helmet and pack before I could sort out the ropes. When Clare got up to me, we enjoyed a leisurely lunch with a view.


The blue bells at the top of the crag are all coming into flower now too.


As well as some great climbing, it was also nice to bump into friends who were either guiding, training or there just for fun. Social occasions still need to be savoured and appreciated! The climbing was cut short as I had to attend a meeting online. I managed to do this from the van, while Clare expolred Beddgelert and even brought me over an ice cream! There are some bonuses of online meetings I guess. 


It was getting late by the time I was finished and we had planned on paddle boarding on Llyn Dinas. When we arrived, the lake was actually quite exposed to the cold breeze and we were exhausted, so we brewed a fresh cup of George Boyd in the back of the van and returned to The Cottage for pizzas instead. 


Climbs at Tremadog:
- Christmas Curry and the Micah Finish, HS (4b)***
- Sheer-Khan Right Hand, S (4a)
- Yogi, VS (4b)** (top pitch)
- Tro, HS (4a)*


No comments:

Post a Comment