Tuesday 13 April 2021

SUP Training

With snow on the summits and a water temperature of only 6 degrees, it might not sound like the perfect day for some training and assessment for leading groups on Stand Up Paddleboards (SUPs), but thankfully, there was barely a breath of wind. Well wrapped up in fleece and a dry suit, I actually got quite hot during the day, but by the time we'd finished practicing rescues and the somewhat unforgiving 'step back turns', I barely still had use of my fingers! No photos from on the water (I was concentrating too hard!)


The course was really good and looked at everything from board construction to care and storage to rescues and techniques. I certainly felt a lot more knowledgeable by the end of the day.


The wind picked up a bit in the evening, so we decided to take a short walk through the quarries rather than try and go climbing (and I was pretty exhausted after my first 'full day' in quite a while!).


No comments:

Post a Comment