Wednesday 2 October 2019

Head above water

The wet and windy weather had a momentary lull on Tuesday, between two weather systems. It looked like a short period of clear skies, nice waves and not a breath of wind. The only snag was, I'm supposed to be keeping my ear dry, while it heals. We had the morning free, so went to 'have a look' and check it out. Having left The Cottage in a thick drizzle, we were delighted to find things dry and bright at the beach. Some creative bandaging, and a wetsuit hood, meant that I could probably try and catch a wave.


Because there was no wind and a long waves period, I could time my paddle outback between sets,  so that I didn't get my head wet. I had to be very picky with the waves I chose to ride and made sure I caught them all the way to the beach, before stepping off the board into the shallows! 
We had things to do in the afternoon, so left at 11 with a dry ear and in temperatures of 22 degrees! Over in Colwyn Bay an hour later, it was 15 and raining. What a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment