Thursday 28 March 2019

Milestone Buttress

While driving over to Dinorwic to meet a friend, I had to stop and pull over for a few minutes to appreciate the amazing sunset. I was gleaning some information about a forthcoming expedition to Morocco. My friend had just returned from leading his own trek, so it was good to have up to date information.


Next day (Thurs), I was at a meeting of the Heads of Outdoor Education Centres. It was a beautiful day and thankfully, we were able to hold most of the meeting outdoors in the sunshine! On the way home, I had planned to climb on Tryfan Bach, but it was already in the shade when I arrived. I was about to go anyway, when my mind was changed by a group of climbers who appeared, dressed in hats and down jackets, saying it was really cold up there. Further down the valley, the sun was still hitting Milestone, so I ran to the base of the climbs and climbed quickly on warm rock.


I reached the top just as the sun hit the skyline of Y Garn. I was a serenely peaceful moment and I felt lucky to have been able to grab it.


No comments:

Post a Comment