Thursday 28 February 2019

Skiing at Les Houches, Chamonix

We had planned on doing a day tour today, but instead, I had a day whizzing around the pistes of Les Houche. After the efforts of the previous few days, we had a nice breakfast together before all going our separate ways.


The lifts were not busy, so I managed to clock up some good mileage...



I did stop briefly for a delicious sandwich, but otherwise was on the move.


Stu called in the afternoon to say that we'd been invited for apres ski drinks at five, so I took one last look at the view and dropped in for my last run of the day at about four. Back at the chalet, before heading out for drinks, I suddenly felt quite tired. The GPS said I'd travelled over 65km and descended the height of Everest since morning! A drink was well deserved....


No comments:

Post a Comment