Sunday 13 March 2022

Working in the Wet...

A wet week! I've been away in Mid-Wales for a few days, providing logistical support for an expedition that was completing the Mawdach Trail. My job was to cycle the trail and pick up a mini-bus - a job that sounded like a wonderful day of cycling, but heavy rain and gales, made it much harder work and I was soaked to the skin by the time I'd arrived!

After a night away, I was back in North Wales working on a 'Rock Skills' course with some 6th formers. No sooner had we unpacked the ropes, the heavens opened again and I got another soaking!


It was so windy on top of Lion Rock, that I could barely hang on! We aborted back down to the forest after a couple of pitches, where it was a little more sheltered. My hands were so cold that I could barely use them! Utterly grim! After a bit of abseil practice, we called it a day and rounded off with some 'theory' with a hot drink in the nearby cafe!


Between the showers, my little flower garden is showing some new growth at The Cottage!


No comments:

Post a Comment