Monday 17 January 2022

Sunrise to Moonrise in Snowdonia

Wow. What a day. I was up in the mountains before the sun had risen to enjoy a cloudless and windless start to the day wandering around watching the colours change. It was magic. Here are a few of the scenes as I scrambled up the Minus East butress of Y Garn. 









It was about 08:20 when the sun came over the horizon and all the peaks were illuminated.





I made my way down via a few of the small lake to see the reflections.




They were icing up in front of me!


I was back at The Cottage for brunch and a shower, then Clare and I spent the day climbing in the sunny slate quarry.





Once the sun hit the horizon, the temperature plummeted again, so we retreated to Pete's Eats for a warm up and re-fuel before the next mini adventure.


We met some friends by the lake after dark and set off until a brilliantly bright full moon. It was completely flat calm and without a breath of wind. Amazing conditions.


As we paddled up the river at the end of the lake, a spooky mist blew through making it even more atmospheric.


Then we turned around and made our way slowly towards the bright lights of the village, spotting stars along the way. A fine day out!


No comments:

Post a Comment