Sunday 16 May 2021

The Ride

Conditions for a ride along the North coast could barely have been better today and well worth the slightly earlier start to the day.


The overnight rains had cleared to leave a still calm morning, with just a few puddles remaining as I made my way over to Llandudno via the balcony route.


The sea was mesmerizingly calm and I had to make sure I kept my eyes on the cycle path at times.


On the quite country lanes section, I wasn't the only early riser - the sheep were getting a bit of brunch in on the hedgerows - at one point I had seven of them charging ahead of me, which felt like quite a stampede - especially to the poor cyclist that we met head on around a blind bend!



The river Conwy was a picture of tranquillity and calm, with no one about.


I crossed the bridge and stopped for breakfast while watching the shell duck.



Was a different story later in the day in the Llanberis Pass! Luckily, our paddle boarding session was due to be a wet one anyway, so the rain didn't matter much.



Then at the end of the day with the students returned and dried out, we made our escape northwards for the start of Clare's birthday week celebrations!... Starting at the luxurious 'The Little House' and dinner 'out on the town'...



No comments:

Post a Comment