Tuesday 10 November 2020

On the River

There was a moody feel in the mountains today. Heavy clouds and bursts of sunlight were making some atmospheric conditions. 


With a deterioration in conditions on the way, I nipped out early(ish) to explore a section of river that I'd not been on in quite a while. It was nice to get a different perspective on a well know very.


I had the valley to myself as I quietly made my way upstream. Apart from the odd duck and the ripple of water, all was quiet.


Eventually, I got to a point where the flow and wind were becoming too strong to continue onward progress. So light rain was also blowing in from up ahead - it was time to turn around and enjoy the float back to the van.


With the wind and river flow in my favour, I made fast progress and didn't need to paddle at all - only steer. Moving silently in this way, I was able to get much closer to any wildlife. 


There were plenty of big fish to be seen below me and 'something' quietly entered the water from the bank as I went past, but was only quick enough to hear the noise and see the ripples...


As I reached the 'jungle section' which is passable, but overgrown a double rainbow formed overhead. A fine finish to a peaceful trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment