Monday 9 November 2020

Daylight Hours

Although it happens every year, I seem to still be adjusting to the change in daylight hours. Not having the light evenings anymore seemed to come as a bit of a shock - especially as we're not allowed in other people's houses. I've been kept busy planning orienteering events and organising some tree planting, but today I had the day to myself and intended to make the most of the available daylight hours. Things started off at the beach where we had a great surf. The waves were small, but that was probably good seeing how I was last on a board in September. There was also not a breath of wind, or any other surfers (apart from the friends who I'd met there). My new surfboard is brilliant - well worth the wait! While we were all bobbing around waiting for the next set of waves, a big murmuration of birds, came swooping around the corner of the beach and we were momentarily enveloped by them while they passed by. Quite an incredible experience!

 
While I was on the island, I called in for a garden visit with a friend, before heading back to The Cottage to sort a few jobs. Later in the afternoon, we took a short hike to see the views and enjoy the evening light. By chance, we met a friend on top, so it's been a sociable and active day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment