Thursday 5 November 2020

Brain Day Fireworks

I between helping to organize an orienteering event, I managed to get a bit of time in the climbing wall today, to strip out and start re-setting problems for a Bouldering competition that I'm hosting this weekend. It was the first time I've been indoor climbing in ages and I certainly needed a bit of a warm-up, but it felt great to be back, moving around and being creative with what I was making.


As well as being bonfire night, 5th November is also known to me as 'Brain Day. Today marks the anniversary of my 'operation', so we toasted a small glass of wine to 'continued good health', having accidentally grown, discovered, and eventually had removed (via a rather risky and somewhat painful operation), Britain's largest type of brain tumor! Twenty-two years ago to the day, I literally had my head examined! - and then a large chunk of the inners removed! Gross!
On the bridge outside The Cottage, we stood out in the dark and watched fireworks up and down the valley.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment