Sunday 1 December 2019

Expedition Travel Risk Management - ISO 130000

With some beautiful weather conditions on the way, I was tempted to make an early start into the mountains to get a sunrise photo. However, I was also booked onto a course (ISO 130000) that started in Llanberis at 09:00. Having decided to forego the alpine start to make sure that I was ready for the course (and not arriving late and/or sweaty), I drove over the hills to the venue. On the way, I was delighted to find that my timings had serendipitously coincided with the sun rising at the end of the valley! So I got to see the sunrise after all and made it to the course on time.


There was barely a breath of wind and the ground was frosty.



Having had this bonus start to the day, made the fact that I was indoors around a conference table for the rest of it, slightly more bearable! The course was being run by as part of a CPD course for International Mountain Leaders as it was our annual conference this weekend and made relevant to my expedition work.


In between this, Clare and I managed to get a little bit of training in too.


On Saturday night, the British Association of International Mountain Leaders all gathered in the Victoria Hotel for the AGM, which I just made it back in time for after a day of teaching rock climbing. This was followed by a dinner, where I won my friend Jim's new book about Alpine Flowers and Geology. It was a great evening, with lots of socializing and swapping of information.


No comments:

Post a Comment