Wednesday 10 October 2018

Climbing at Bwlch y Moch, Tremadog

Well, I certainly packed the day full today. After painting the Chalet at The Cottage, I moved straight into some office work before Stu arrived and we set off for Tremadog. It's really windy here at the moment, so we hoped we'd find a combination of shelter and dry rock. We found both. Stu shot straight up Grim Wall Direct (E1) 5b**.


We abseiled straight back down after completing the two pitch climb. I then set off up Meshach HVS (5a)** which has great climbing, but a somewhat wandering line.


While I was hanging from the cliff, halfway up, belaying Stu, the sun broke through.


The views are great from Tremadog and the light was superb.


On the drive home, I called into Plas y Brenin for a cuppa with Pete before heading back home through the Owgen Valley, where the sun was setting behind Tryfan.


I just had time for some food before heading back out to Bethesda to support a Mountain Rescue Lecture. Just a regular restful 'day off'!...


Tremadog:
- Grim Wall Direct, E1 (5b)**
- Shadrach, HVS (5a)**

No comments:

Post a Comment