Tuesday 18 September 2018

Out and About in North Wales

Things have continued to be busy over the last few days. I've had an interesting time and varied time, with some good days out with students around the north coast of Wales. On Friday the weather forced my rock climbing group and I inside, where we had a great session in the Beacon Climbing Wall. My arms were sore for surfing!


Saturday had me on a local exploration, with some new students, where I discovered a new woodland...


And a sea monster at the Llandudno Arts Festival!


Sunday was excellent fun and mostly spent scrambling up and through a very wet gorge with some 6th form students above the Conwy Valley. On the way back, we watched a couple of pro surfers at a Surf Competition as we drove past Surf Snowdonia.


Monday evening was spent up at Castle Inn Quarry, with the British Mountaineering Council and the Countryside Warden to discuss how rock climbing groups can operate with a minimal impact on the wildlife and nearby residents. I've been climbing there personally and with groups for years, but still learned plenty of new useful stuff, including a new car park and approach path!


It was another fine, but long day with a late finish! 


No comments:

Post a Comment