Wednesday 12 September 2018

Finding Forty... What a Birthday!

Well, I've made it through the thirties. The forties got off to about a good a start as I could of hoped for considering it was my first full day back at work for a while. At The Cottage, I had a few cards and pressies over breakfast, before embarking on a non-stop, jam-packed day of meetings, discussions, and general start of term business. However, Clare came to pick me up at the end of the day and whisked me away into another world! First stop was the artificial surf wave at Surf Snowdonia in the Conwy valley. It's basically a man-made made lake with a buldozer that runs through the middle of it to create a wave that you can surf. The weather was glorious when we arrived, but by the time we had our wetsuits on, the shadows had crept across the valley.


That didn't stop us having a fantastic time though!



It was a bit frustrating at first as I missed the first few waves. I was trying out a new surf board, but the waves I did catch were fantastic. Once I'd worked out the best place to catch them and how the water was moving, it got much better. Clare caught almost every wave and rode them all the way to the end of the lake! Our session finished at 7pm, so we got changed as quickly as we could and drove a short distance back up the valley, to an old hall that is being refurbished into a hotel. We parked the van up next to the Audis and BMWs and checked straight in.


Our room (suite actually!) was incredible. In fact, we quite possibly were the first guests to ever stay there! There was an enormous shower, in the bathroom, multiple sofas and in the window of the main bedroom was an even bigger gold bath!


Chilled champagne and fine foods were served in the room after we'd warmed back up from the surf. We were both buzzing at the amazingness of the place and reliving our waves, while I was given more pressies, cards and read all the texts and emails that had been accumulating during the day. A great day indeed. Thanks for all your well wishes. It was a little overwhelming. Sleep came easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment