Thursday 16 August 2018

The final hand jam - Krack Rock Climbing

We pulled out the climbing kit for the last time in Canada this morning, back at Smoke Bluffs. We figured we just had time for a few last climbs before heading south.



We did two really enjoyable routes, although they were much harder without the ‘hand jammies’ that we’d been borrowing recently, to protect the back of our hands!





Just before eleven, we packed up and made our way down to the car. A quick freshen up at  the nearby Adventure Centre and we were on our way...



Not really much to report from the drive back to the States as I fell asleep for most of it! I a comedy way, I woke up in a sweat at the border crossing as while sleeping, I had accidentally lent on the button that activated my heated seat and was slowly cooking myself!



Traffic was much better this time heading back to Seattle. A bear on the back of a truck provided some brief amusement between sleeps. By evening we’d made it and were out to dinner with Anna and Jonathan in Bremerton.



Smoke Bluffs, Krack Rock:
- Turkey Dinner, 5.7
- Fairy Ring, 5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment