Sunday 26 August 2018

Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff - A digital disaster of sorts....


“Don’t sweat the small stuff” is something that my parents have been instilling in me since my teenage years. A bit like the saying that, whatever happens in life “worse things happen at sea”. Well I’ve never really spent much time ‘at sea’ but have had a few technical challenges recently with this Blog that have been somewhat ‘upsetting’. 

Seattle Graffiti
While sorting through some photos for printing in our next trip book, we moved some of my google folders and photos. Unbeknownst to me, certain photos in this blog (i.e: any blog post that I’ve updated from my phone while away on a trip or expedition) are linked from the file that I moved. The process of moving the file, therefore removed the photo link from the blog and now nearly a years worth of blog post and over a thousand photos have, with the click of a button, been deleted from my blog. Nuts. I could have cried!

There’s always a positive side to things though, (admittedly, sometimes you have to look pretty hard to see them), but I have at least not lost all the photos. They are still in my cloud account, but just not linked into the blog posts. Will do my best not to do that again!....

No comments:

Post a Comment