Thursday 18 May 2017

Fool's Gold E1 (5c)***

Kit check and packing today ready for my next expedition, which leaves on Saturday. I'm going to be leading a small team on a trek in the Sierra Nevada in Spain, but there still seems to be a lot of kit to get prepped. We won't be able to buy gas for the camp stoves, so we have to take petrol ones for this expedition. They are loads messier and much more dangerous, but when I fired the old MSR Stove up to check it was ok, the smell of the fuel and the purr of the stove, instantly took me back to a memory of an expedition when I had used them a lot. It made me really excited about using them again!



After everything was sorted, we went into the Quarry for a 'quick and easy' climb. But when we got there, other climbers were already on the routes we had in mind. Instead, Clare decided to lead the classic 'Fools Gold'.

 

The evening was really still and quite. Clare flew up the route and we were both buzzing at the top. 

 

For one night of the expedition, we are planning to bivi out in the mountains. When we got home, my new sleeping bag from Rab had arrived. Its unbelievably light weight and packs down very small. I can't wait to see how it performs up at 3000m on a mountain next week. Warmly I hope!

 

Llanberis Slate - Bus Stop Area:
- Fools Gold E1 (5c)***

No comments:

Post a Comment