Sunday 7 May 2017

Anglesey Coastal Path

I've had my first night of the year under canvas this weekend. And what a beautiful night it was. North Wales has been totally cloudless today and there has been barely a breath of wind. Perfect camping conditions. I actually got beaten out of the tent by the sun this morning!

 

I've been supervising a Duke of Edinburgh's Award Expedition along the Coastal Path from Rhosnigr to the Menai Straits, via a camp at Malltraeth. Setting off early along the Cob this morning was incredible. So still. Just the sound of birds. A sea kayak would have been primo. 

 

Round at the Straits, past Newbrough, the views of the mountains were superb and uninterrupted.

 

 

And the mountains were still looking good from The Cottage when I got home. Just stunning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment