Saturday 20 June 2015

Hiking in the Carneddau


It was a windy night, but was nice to wake up and enjoy a brew from the comfort of my sleeping bag. The day was mostly spent shadowing a group of students as they journeyed along the northern flanks of the Carneddau mountains. The weather stayed dry and as I was often accompanied by wild ponies, of which there are plenty of 'little ones' up there at the moment.


Gryn (542m) was giving particularly panoramic views as the evening cleared up.


By the time I met the first group at their wild camp, the skies were clear and we were treated, once again, to perfect camp conditions.


After locating my final group, the sun was getting low in the sky...


After checking they were all ok, I set off solo, bathed in the pinky light of the sun set as I hiked away. 


It had been a long day, having risen at 06:30 and I started to feel a little tired as the sun hit the horizon at 21:50. I really was 'walking off into the sunset and the sky finished the day by bursting into an amazing orange colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment