Monday 17 April 2023

Tryfan North Ridge

I've spent the last couple of days buried in excel sheets and making sure that plans are in place for the expeditions that I'm involved with over the next few months. It's been good to get my head into it all after being in Serbia, but really nice to be able to be based at The Cottage to do it, with fine coffee and a relaxing garden to take a break in. Once my screen based threshold had been reached, I nipped out into the valley for some 'pre-season training' - after cycling through mostly flat terrain, I needed to remind my legs how to walk uphill!


I went for the north ridge of Tryfan as it has plenty of interest as well as plenty of uphill!


I got to the top in 50 minutes, going at a steady but not excessive pace. I had the mountain to myself.


I'd hoped the clouds were lifting and I'd get a glorious sunset on the top, but the clouds were filling into the valley rather than lifting as anticipated!


I sat on the top of the summit for ten minutes, having a drink, some food and re-acquainting myself with the familiar scene, before setting off down.


I went at a steady pace, without breaking into a run. It took me 8minutes to get to the bottom of the west face and 26 to be back at the A5. I was pretty pleased with that as my 'warm up' to the hill walking season! By the time I got home, there was thick mist at The Cottage and I was happy to retreat inside to a welcome hot shower.


No comments:

Post a Comment