Thursday 20 April 2023

Coastal Hiking

A beautiful blue sky day for hiking a section of the Welsh Coastal Path from Llanfairfechan to Bangor. What the photos don't show are the freezing cold easterly that was whipping in some big waves on the high tide. 


While the views were glorious, I was wrapped up in full waterproofs to keep warm (as I'd left my jacket at home by mistake!).


I was working in a group who I'll be on a trekking expedition next month, so we started off the day doing some discussions about the trip and what it involves. I went through the contents of my rucsack to show what we'd be carrying and how to pack as lightweight as possible. 


Lambs in the fields and blossom on the trees made it feel very spring like.



As staff, Bex and I took turns leap-frogging the group with the bus, while the other accompanied the group as we made our way westwards, with the sea to our right and this view to our left.



Despite a worryingly slow start (we have an ambitious trek planned for May, so need to be able to cover certain distances!), we made much better progress in the afternoon, so it's looking good for the expedition.


No comments:

Post a Comment