Wednesday 19 October 2022

Walks and Talks

A long day leading a group of students in the mountains, turned into an even longer day than anticipated due to a chance encounter... 


We made a lovely journey through the northern Carneddau mountains in atmospherically cloudy, but dry conditions. I was working with Si, for the first time in years and it was great to take our groups on separate journeys, but still manage to meet up on a summit for lunch!


The groups and I were all enjoying the way the clouds would come and go. Views one minute, then thick mist the next.


I also had a bag of magnifying glasses with me, so after looking at the big scale mountain features, we took some time to explore the detail on the ground, which held a surprising array of colours.



After returning the group and packing away for the day, Si and I travelled home via the coffee roastery, so we could have time to chat. While we were there, I got chatting to a guy who was taking photos on an expensive looking camera. It turned out that he ran a magazine called Sidetracked. It's all about inspiring adventure and is full of expedition stories and amazing photos (right up my street!) - in fact I used to have a subscription, when it first started up.


Anyway, it soon transpired that he was hosting a film night at the roastery and that it started in about an hour. I was sharing a ride with Simon, so he drove me back to where I'd left my van that morning and then I drove back again - arriving just in time to see the first film!


As well as films, photo exhibitions amongst the machinery and a raffle, the highlight was listening to a a talk by Lakes based climber, Anna Taylor, about some inspirational travel and climbing stories 


As it was quite an intimate evening, with a small and friendly crowd, I had some good chats after the talks and films, eventually arriving home around 11pm!

1 comment:

  1. nice pic's love to see this type of pic!


    The Central Processing Unit (CPU) is what allows your PC to perform tasks through applications and provides instructions that deliver information stored to RAM (random access memory). CPU cores are the pathways made up of billions of microscopic transistors within a processor that help to make it work. All Type OF CPU & Processors 338-BENC are available at SwitchTechSupply.

    ReplyDelete