Thursday 25 June 2020

A Double Dip Day

Possibly the hottest day I've ever known at The Cottage. I had quite a lot on 'online engagements, so had to plan around these to make the most of the conditions. Rolling out of bed was followed by rolling down the hill on my bike and a short ride to a new section of river that I'd been eyeing up as a potential swim spot.


It was already in the mid-twenties and blissfully still in the valley with no one around. Totally magic. The river was only waist deep, but was flowing so provided a wonderfully cool kind of swim treadmill as I sawm against the flow. A fantastic start to the day. My hair had just about dried as I lifted the lid of my laptop.


And the temperatures kept rising...


Even the horses in the field next to us were huddled in the shade.


Between afternoon sessions online, I nipped back out up the valley and swam without cooling down at all. I only got out due to time restrictions and when I did, I barely felt any cooler than when I'd go in. The wind had picked up though making it quite choppy. Amazing weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment