Thursday 30 April 2020

Changing Routines

With online teaching in full swing now, I seem to be spending most of the day sat at my desk - it's certainly a new routine for me. I'm trying to make sure that I swap positions regularly andget away from the screen for breaks during the day. I'm grateful at least, that there is a good view from the skylight above me.


My team and I have been taking turns presenting various Outdoor Education modules - this week it's been all about how to have an expedition at home. It's been a real team effort getting the resources and tech all running smoothly. I think we should start a radio show!


My only 'outs' this week have been just before sunset when the moon and stars have just been coming out.


The other shocker has been the drastic change in the weather on Tuesday! It's gone back to winter here! I'm sure the ground is happy with some rain, but we are less so! No more coffee breaks in the sun!


There was a break in the rain on Tuesday eve, so we had a nice walk down to the river at dusk and saw a new section we'd never got down to. The fish were jumping for flies.


Wednesday evening, we went out despite the rain to get some air. The horses were all sheltering under the trees on the hill.


Then, between the rain, there have been moments of amazing clarity! Just not for long! Ha ha! 


It's hard to stop working when there is so much to do and your work is all at home - can be hard to get away for it sometimes. We're working out how to keep a healthy routine. Good to mix things up eh!...

No comments:

Post a Comment