Thursday 28 September 2017

Messing about in boats



I take out all sorts of teams kayaking on Llyn Padarn during an average year's instructional work. Some are keen to get stuck in; others less so. I could tell from the start that today's group were going to be up for anything and that I was going to have to give them a big effort on my part to match their expectations! Despite the sunshine, I put on my drysuit in anticipation of a full-on session. It was a good decision as they were all soon in the water and splashing about from the word go. It's a buzz to be able to give them a good day out and see them excited and enthused about kayaking and life in general - even if it involves being upside down in the water now and then. At least I was able to roll back up, rather than taking a swim! Loads of good activities, jumping in, skills, laughter and hard work. Good value Outdoor Education!

No comments:

Post a Comment