Saturday 23 September 2017

Duke of Edinburgh's Award Assessing

The birthday table tennis set has been seeing a bit of action recently! A nice way to catch up on the days events, while sharpening some reaction speeds!





This weekend I've been out, assessing two groups of students for their Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award. There's not really been much in the way of sunshine, but the clouds have stayed high and we've all stayed dry for most of the day.



I can still remember taking part in my Bronze DofE expedition, so try my best to give them the same feeling of excitement, independence and adventure that my assessors did. It's a tricky job to get the right balance of safety (knowing where the group are), while not interfering, letting them make mistakes and enjoy being out on their own.



One group were dead on time to every checkpoint and made me very confident that they knew where they were going; the other one, less so. While one group were setting up camp, I cooked up some pasta for myself and enjoyed the views of Snowdon before walking out in the fading light to find the second team. Good job everyone had head torches!



The day ended under the familiar skyline of Tryfan...

No comments:

Post a Comment