Wednesday 9 November 2016

Waterproof Testing

 

Things actually turned into quite a nice afternoon weather-wise, with the leaves giving some stunning colours and the lake, perfect reflections. 
But before all that, I had to pull out all the stops to keep my team motivated for an orienteering session! We were all togged up in so many layers that we could barley run anywhere as the rain poured down...

 

I was extremely greatful to be testing some of Rabs finest waterproof clothing. It really got a good soaking, while I stayed perfectly dry inside. I also had their fleece lined 'vapour-rise' guide jacket on underneath, which has the softest fleece around the neck and chin for ultimate comfort in dull conditions! The Rab 'Latok' waterproof trousers were also beading up beautifully too and the adjustable waist meant that I could tuck in all the other layers I was wearing to help stay dry. 

 

After a successful session, we thawed and dried out with an end of day review in Pete's Eats cafe over some steaming mugs of hot chocolate. Good way to end a good day with a determined group. 



No comments:

Post a Comment