Friday 4 March 2016

On skis in Snowdonia

Woke to a good covering of snow at The Cottage, so decided to head out with the skis and see how conditions were in the mountains. It was snowing quite hard as I drove out...


...but then suddenly, the skies cleared and soon sunlight was glaring off the fresh snow. I was wishing I had my sunglasses as I skinned up into the fresh white hills.


Blue skies and fresh snow are a favorite combination of mine, so even though there wasn't quite enough snow for great skiing, I was very happy being out and soaking up the atmosphere.


Without much wind and some warmth in the sun, it was brilliant to be up in the mountains, without a soul around.



I was making the only tracks as I made my way uphill...



I didn't have much time, so after stopping for a drink and to take in the views, I was soon whooping my way back down hill to the van at a very gentle pace indeed.


Towards the bottom of the run, the snow was melting fast and required delicate turns to prevent going through to rock and grass. The base of my skis took a few hits, but nothing serious. Great fun indeed...


I could barely believe it when on arriving back at the van, the skies clouded over - its been raining (snowing up high I guess) ever since! A lucky break...

No comments:

Post a Comment