Tuesday 8 March 2016

Coffee and Canoes

I'm sitting here in the Coffee Shop, warming up after some early season canoeing today! I was a bit concerned that my fingers would be too cold to be of any use this morning, so made sure I was well wrapped up from the word go. As it turned out, after some morning drizzle, it cleared up into an overcast but nice day. The bitter northerly of recent days has been replaced with a light south breeze and the difference is very noticeable.


The views of the snowy mountains were pretty dramatic as we paddled across the lake. To help keep warm we boiled up a quick brew at lunch and made 'hot water bottles' which were a nice little treat!

It was quite a demanding day, so I was glad of the offer, once back at base, to meet up for a cheeky little 'pick up' on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment