Saturday 16 May 2015

Llyn Crafnant

Had a gripping drive up to Llyn Crafnant toady. It's a three or four kilometre drive up a steep, tiny and winding road that was quite simply not designed to accommodate a brand new, long wheel base Transit, such as the one that I unfortunately found myself at the helm of. Crawling along at a pace just faster than walking speed, I made slow progress along the road as the perspiration built on my brow. Wheels hung alarmingly over the edge of the Tarmac at times, dry stone walls threatened of relieve me of the wing mirrors and low hung branches did their best I attach the paint work. All of this was realised too late. Once set upon the course, there was no option for a turn around until reaching the end of the road! (Half way up the mountain by this point, where the Tarmac thankfully ends!). 
I've been assessing a Duke of Edinburgh's Award expedition. Thankfully they all passed by my check point in good time and in high spirits, leaving me to steel myself before taking on the return journey back down into the Conwy valley.


On the plus side, the views were lovely up by the lake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment