Saturday 8 November 2014

Back in the Capital

A 5am start saw me on the train back down to London this morning. I (rather randomly), spent the day working at the Independent Schools Show at a big exhibition centre in Battersea Park. It was all rather lovely, chatting to the beautiful people of the city, and checking out what each school had to offer - some of the marketing freebies were crazy!!

After the show, we jumped in a taxi across town to see the Poppy memorial at the Tower of London which was both spectacular and sobering. Unfortunately, the rain was beyond torrential and the minute I left the taxi I was soaked! Well, I'm not in the city much, so I just got on with things and went and saw a few sights and lights and tried to ignore the seeping wet feeling in my clothes and shoes!







As luck would have it, I met up with Tracey & Chris - who'd been invited to a dinner party. I was a welcomed gate crashed and was offered warmth, dryness, a three course meal and a more than average amount of quality wines! (The host was a wine collector and enthusiast!). It's certainly been a different day!



No comments:

Post a Comment