Sunday 15 May 2022

Scottish Highland Highlights


Seem to have packed a lot into the last three days. The group having going well, so we set them off in accompanied through a remote Glen. Meanwhile, John had dropped me off so that I could hike in via a different route and meet them at an isolated mountain Bothy. 


It was wonderful walking in solitude. It felt so quite after living with a bunch of teenagers for the last week! I arrived in time to get the fire lit (I carried up some logs) and brewed some water to make hot chocolates, which were all well received when they eventually arrived, excited and chatty with adventures to tell!


It’s not just Outdoor Education that’s being taught. At the Basecamp bunkhouse I got asked for some advice when we were cooking dinner! This was a new one for me…


We’ve also hiked up to Steal Falls in Glen Nevis and crossed the wire bridge.


And done some ice climbing too! I didn’t get to even swing an ice axe this winter as it was so mild. Not a problem in the indoor ice climbing centre!













No comments:

Post a Comment