Tuesday 28 September 2021

Away from Home

I had my longest swim in the lake before the weekend, with Clare and Bex. It was really interesting to see what happened to my body as the cold got colder. When we got out I was shivering almost uncontrollably. It was an odd sensation, but the walk back to the car got me warmed. All very invigorating!!


There have been some very busy and long days this week as we've tried to work around the ever changing guidance and restrictions. Much too much computer time for my liking, but after one meeting, I did find a nice coffee!


Fri, Sat and Sunday were spent on Anglesey with some International Students, based at Rhoscolyn at the same campsite where Clare and I biked to recently - but this time in the comfort of the bunkhouse. Lots of coasteering, swimming and a bit of surfing were the order of the weekend. Thankfully I wasn't on BBQ duties!


Super sunsets and sunrises each day.



Clare picked me up once I'd returned the group and we continued down to Fort Martin for a few days. Hadn't realised there was a fuel crisis in progress until we kept passing closed service stations! Clare set out to find some the next day, while I had a wood work lesson with the boss.


It was a few days of mixed weather at The Fort...


Heavy rains, rainbow and solid blue skies all featured.



The usual fine dining, coffees on the terrace and even a belated birthday cake were enjoyed before blasting back up to Wales past the empty petrol pumps...


No comments:

Post a Comment